Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Selimiye to Bozborun on foot

Frank, Carol, Elise and I set off to walk from Selimiye to Bozborun. The Rough Guide said 7km but they must have measured from the “town” signs at the outskirts of each place, as Frank’s GPS said 11km. The views from the top of the hill were quite sensational and we could see Elise coming along behind (she wanted to walk by herself). Carol found a tiny tortoise on the road, it was bound to be run over by a car and so we moved it. Not far but to a slightly safer place (hopefully) and near a puddle with some rainwater from a day or two before.

P1090590
Selimiye viewed from the top of the hill
P1090591
Elise on the road below
P1090597
Baby Tortoise
P1090601
Where we found the tortoise - on the road on the hill


P1090605
View coming into Bozborun
P1090607
Letter box
P1090609
Bozborun from Naviga I
P1090620
Stephen snoozing in the shade (on Carol's shelter from the rain)

While in Bozborun Stephen and Frank took the opportunity to visit the barber for a shave – apparently it was quite an experience and included singeing of some hair and a massage?!

[I just went in for a shave which began with a bit of a face massage with some oil. He then lathered my bristles thoroughly before taking to me with a cut-throat razor and removing as much hair as he could. He then used an electric trimmer on my nose hair and the hair on my ears. To remove the last remnants of hair that "shouldn't" be on your head he got out something that looked like an upsized cotton bud and lit one end of it. He then lightly tapped my cheeks and ears to singe off the last recalcitrant hairs. I have to admit that, while very effective, it was a bit disconcerting when you didn't know what was happening. He finished with some moisturiser and after-shave so I came out looking like new! And all for the princely sum of $7!!]

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you had so much facial hair Syl, must be a pain to manage without a convenient barber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummmmm it was actually Frank who went to the barbers for a shave :-)

      Delete